Another FaerieCon is in the books. I had a wonderful, wonderful time. I have a few observations about the differences this year over previous years.
- There were many, many more attendees. Maybe a twenty percent increase?
- Attendees were more costumed and more enthusiastic about costumes during the balance of the weekend. There were significantly more high end, completely costumed attendees during the daytime, which is a major change.
- There were more attendees that seemed to have a ComiCon and/or Gamer bent. Which was a whole lot of fun. A Sailor Moon character posing with a full-on Woodland Faerie is entertaining.
- My hero, Katwise (Kat O’Sullivan) of recycled sweater-making fame was at the Con on Saturday. She was hanging out with a group of women who lovingly make sweaters and pay homage to her. They were even more excited to see her than me.
- There were considerably more artists, authors and musicians at the Con. There was no booth space left. There was always something going on.
- The costumes during the Masquerade Balls were completely off the chain. I brought my best this year. I really did. And I looked amazing. But some? Out of control creativity and amazing execution.
- That’s liberating in a sense. I was competing with myself to bigger and better every year. Now I’m just going to do exactly what it is I want to do.
I’ll be back with more details about all our finery and shenanigans.